Simple question (I hope)

I have tip tilt in my system and will work on it. For that, I need to figure which corners to correct. Assuming my CCD reads from top to bottom and is oriented top to bottom when the mount is parked pointing North, would SGP typically invert the picture ? I’m using a FLI camera.
Thank you

SGP stores the image as it arrives from the camera. So you need to ask the question of the camera supplier.

@drevonf

Unfortunately, the FLI docs do not specify. They may have more info on this. From their docs:

Grab a row of an image. This function grabs the next available row of the image from camera device dev. The row of width width is placed in the buffer pointed to by buff. The size of the buffer pointed to by buff must take into account the bit depth of the image, meaning the buffer size must be at least width bytes for an 8-bit image, and at least 2*width for a 16-bit image.

The meaning of “next available row” is not immediately clear.

The simple answer is that this can’t be specified because it depends on things outside the control of the camera manufacturer or SGP.

The image can be rotated and this depends on the orientation of the camera in the telescope.
The image can be reflected and this depends on the number of reflections in the telescope system, an odd number of reflections will reflect the image.

I would expect that the camera manufacturer would set the camera so that an image taken with a single lens was not reflected but that’s all.

Thee is a simple way to tell for your system. Take an image. look at it and think.

Thank you. A little tricky as the FLI CCD is in vertical position. I turn it to move to landscape but I don’t know if it then reads top down or up down as I don’t know if it then inverts the image or not. I have asked FLI for information.
Thank you