SkyX and Paramount Myt meridian flip problem

I have been using SGP for a couple of years and recently purchased a new mount, Paramount MyT. Currently I have it set up in the house and do not plan to move it outside until the spring when the weather is better.
I am trying to see if I can get it to do meridian flips successfully. I have read all the threads on the forum regarding SkyX and the mount and have made all the correct settings in both SkyX (version 10.5.0) and the ascom driver. I am trying to run a dummy sequence, telescope, camera, filter wheel and focuser turned on, but I have it set so only the camera and telescope function. I disabled PhD guiding but had to leave plate solve on because the sequence would not run. I am exposing in the house so centering, etc. will be bypassed.
I am using version 2.6.0.11
I have the mount pointing north, but of course I cannot polar align. The target I choose seems to be in the right area, so I am fairly close.
Here is the problem, the time to pier flip says 66:35:59. I started my sequence about 15 minutes before reaching the meridian. I knew it would not work because time to pier flip makes no sense.
Could it be that what I am trying to do in the house is not possible? Is time to pier flip linked to plate centering and synchronizing. Or is there another work flow to accomplish the meridian flip?
PS: once the target west past the meridian, I slewed to a target east of the meridian, then ran the sequence with slew to when target starts turned on. At least the mount did the meridian flip. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed Stuckey

Hi Ed,

I am willing to say it is because it needs a Plate Solve to accurately tell you how long to pier flip.

@estuckey

It is pretty hard to simulate a meridian flip. You would need a licensed version of Pinpoint to simulate starfields and a planetarium to “sync” you mount pretty close the meridian.

Ken and Dennis,
Thanks, I will have wait to try when I am able to go outside.
Ed

Ed,

Did you check the TSX sky map to see where the moveable Hour Angle line is at?

Because TSX is always connected and running in the background when SGP is being used, the position of this line will affect Meridian Flips.SGP seems to get conflicted when TSX is reporting something else due to the line position.

The Hour Angle line is mouse draggable on the TSX screen, look for the little square box on the line to put the cursor there for dragging. In my experience (I also have a MyT ) the line needs to be placed directly on the meridian, and not on either side of it. You can easily test this indoors during the day.

Doug,
Yes, I set the flip hour angle to Zero in Bisque TCS under parameters. I am going to post what I think are the appropriate settings ( SkyX, mount,and ascom driver) on the SB forum. I think that would be the appropriate venue. Maybe you could go there and give me your feedback. Will post later today.
Thanks,
Ed