Stop tracking of mount

My mount can only stop tracking on or after meridian, not before …
I’m using a long refractor and I need to stop tracking before, will SGP be able to do this? Other automation software can stop and wait before meridian and do the goto ones the object is passed the meridian with the same amount as it had to wait before the flip …
If not it would be a nice feature request for people with refractors …

/Yves

Not sure I understand what you are asking…

If your mount can’t stop tracking before meridian (I’ve never heard of that BTW), then how would SGPro be able to do this?

SGPro can stop integrating if it cannot fit another image into the time frame between now and meridian. In this case, SGPro will just sit idle until the mount is just barely on the other side and then perform the flip.

I asked the manufacture and it can’t stop tracking before, only on or on a specific hour:min angle after …
He claims software can get around this.

I also use ACP on a remote site with another mount, and it can start and stop tracking, I guess there are ASCOM commands to set the tracking rate (my mount has the “still” rate defined). In sky chart for example there is a button to control tracking, will test if that actually works.
So I guess trough ASCOM one can stop tracking and restart it …

/Yves

Software can get around a lot of things but at a certain point it becomes laborious and expensive to do this. I would recommend they implement this behavior in their ASCOM driver and not propagate the odd and non-standard behavior down to the client. This way when any client issues a park or stop tracking the mount can handle this rather than having to do some weird device specific thing in any software application that is attempting to control their mount.

If you’d like you can pass along their contact info and we can see about discussing this with them.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks but it’s not going to happen, I asked the manufacture, he makes the HW, but ascom driver is not in-house and the electronics is also I think from somewhere else …

I checked that CDC can control tracking … this is how other automation software gets around in supporting different mounts. Another benefit would be that there would not be the endless my mount did not flip threads anymore … it’s probably the number one topic …
Would be a nice addon.

/Yves