Supported NIKON Camera Models, Bulb Mode

Hi,

I got to the bottom of this once but I cannot find my answer. It looks like only certain Nikon models can be manipulated in bulb mode. I cannot find the list of those models in the help file or anywhere else. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Farzad

@Farzad_k

From the new help file:

Some Nikon cameras require a shoestring DSUSB adapter to exposures longer than 30 seconds. Other, newer, Nikon cameras can take long exposures without an adapter (via direct USB connection).

Long exposure ready (bulb mode) cameras: D810, D810A, D800, D750, D800E, D7100, D7200, D5200, D600, D610, D5, D500, D5300, D5500, D4, D4S, Df

If your Nikon camera is not in the list above, you will require a DSUSB adapter.

Hi Ken,

is it possible to use a Nikon without bulb mode at least up to the 30 s without a DSUSB adapter ?

Michel

Thanks, Ken. I found the earlier message you had sent me a while back.

Yes, you will get a warning each time you connect but it will work fine without the adapter for up to 30 second images.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Ken,

thanks for the quick reply. Than I have an issue with the remote API using the DSLR: I’m using a D7000 and I don’t get an exposure taken (even if it’s below 30 s). I already stated an issue, but I thought it’s only related to the missing DSUSB adapter:

(there is a short log added in this thread !)

Many thanks

Michael

PS: The sizing sequence window work fine !

www.mainsequencesoftware.com