SX Ascom Driver

I’m using the newest SX Ascom driver which is supposed to correct several issues with short time exposures. I have a few questions as I evaluate SGP.

1. Last night I had a image failures while was sleeping. As I went through the SGP log it appears to be a guiding problem which supports the images which showed significant drifting until the last one. While reading the log I noticed that for each frame SGP went into a “super dangerous loop”. What does this mean. Is it something specific to SX cameras?

2. Before coming to SGP, I was using Nebulosity 4 together with Max Focus 4. There is an ASCOM driver called the Nebulosity Camera driver which works well with programs like Max Focus. I like it because at its root is the native SX Camera driver in my case. Can this driver be used with SGP to take pictures, thus gaining the access to the native SX drivers? I realize that I will have to have Nebulosity open.

This is normal to all cameras. Essentially it means that SGP believes that your image should be complete but the camera is not reporting it to be complete. For the most part these are beguine.

If it’s an ASCOM driver it should work fine. But why would this be preferable to the SX supplied driver (which also uses the native SX drivers). Seems like you’d be adding complexity and another piece of software to trace through if things go wrong.

It should work, but sounds like it could be problematic.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks for your prompt reply, Jared. I don’t intend to use the Nebulosity driver, but given the problems I have had with the SX ASCOM drivers in the past, I wanted a backup. I intend to give the new driver a chance. SGP is the first program that I have used the new one with.

Rob