Target Settings List/Editor

Probably the most time consuming (and error prone) process for me for setting up a sequence is making sure all the operational fields in the Target Setting dialog are set correctly.
I propose a new feature, perhaps called ‘Target Settings List’ or ‘Target Settings Editor’. It would list all the targets selected for imaging in a tabular dialog, which might look like the following:

Auto-populate End Times: X.
…TARGET…Transit…Start…End…Center…Slew…Rotate
1 IC1396 Elephant Nebula…8:21p…7:30p…9:00p…Y…Y
2 LBN529 Cave Nebula…9:38p…9:00p…10:10p…Y…Y
3 NGC7000 North American…7:41p…10:10p…12:40a…Y…Y
4 NGC281 PacMan Nebula…11:35p…12:40a…2:30a…Y…Y
5 IC410 Tadpoles Nebula…4:04a…2:30a…4:20a…Y…Y
6 IC1805 Heart Nebula…1:15a…4:20a…6:10a…Y…Y

This example is the sequence I ran last night, mostly successfully. A couple of possible bugs showed up which I detail in another posting.
On many nights I have had similar sequences to this list that had serious failures due to an incorrect setting on my part, such as using a PM when it should have been an AM, or allowing my Start or End time to encroach on my mount meridian limits. It is quite a tedious process to bring up each of the dialogs, check all the items, which of course have to be correlated correctly with the following items.

All the columns in this list would be editable, so there would be no need to bring up any of the Target Setting dialogs individually.
The “Auto-populate End Times” would allow you to leave the End Times column blank and the program would set the End time to the Start time of the following target.
Ability to change the Target order would be nice, but not essential.

My operational process has been to write out this list on a piece of paper, then transfer all the settings to the separate settings dialogs.
I think many would find this feature very helpful in eliminating errors and speeding up the setup process.

Cool idea.

Not sure if you were aware of this but you ordinarily only need to set the start time for your first target. Just set the end time for each target and SGP will move on to the next target after the previous target’s end time is reached.

Another use for start time would be if you wanted to delay between targets, like if you needed to wait for a target to clear a horizon. But if your targets are imaged consecutively with no delay in between like your example then you can omit the start time.

Andy

Thanks @Andy, great suggestion. Exactly what I need, since I do always image a continuous sequence of targets. The Transit time is critical for me since I cannot do meridian flips with my current rig. I have 3 scopes on my mount, where the 2 smaller ones are mounted below the center of the largest one, all to minimize the counterweight requirements and total load limits. As a result, my meridian limits do not overlap. As is I am running about 120 lbs payload with 48.5 lbs counterweights. The Titan is rated at 100 lbs payload but is doing fine with my 120.
The Start time is also useful for me to confirm that my mount will clear the pier at start.

I also like the idea of this… Moving to the 2.5.X list.