Targets - Scrolling Target List vs Scrolling Target Setting Values

I have screwed up my target setting a few times by clicking on a field within a target - say Repeat - and then using the mouse wheel to try and scroll up or down the target list.

BUT, because I hadn’t clicked off the Repeat field, rather than scrolling up the list as I wanted I change the Repeat value. I cant remember which fields but it is quite difficult to click or “enter” off some of them.

Ok, it’s user error, but it is so easy to change important settings without noticing that I ask a solution be considered.

Thanks
Jon

I too, have had this happen a number of times. Periodically I notice that, for example, one of my events has a bin value set to 2x2, which I never use. It got changed by using the wheel to scroll, but is not noticed at the time. Only noticed when I process the images at a later time. Some code change that could catch this would be welcome. Clearly user error but has happened often to me.

1 Like

I have had this with binning values too, it’s really annoying when you get through an imaging session and then realise one of your filters had 2x2 when it should have been 1x1.

Hopefully this would be a minor fix to rectify.

EDIT: Just had prime example of the issue. I have just been trying to calibrate the images I took Friday night in APP and had issues. I initially tracked the problem to my Green flats having been assigned to Blue. I checked the fits header and sure enough my Green flats showed a Blue Filter.

Went back to the Sequence I used to generate the flats and there it was, Filter for Green Flats = None (but defaulted to Blue in the fits header).

Never say never but I always double check my target settings and I’m sure I originally set this filter to Green.
I had enough Targets set to have to scroll up and down the list when I was checking them and I’m sure as I can be that the Filter setting scrolled to None when I was trying to scroll the targets list.

Have wasted a couple of hours this morning and am now having to retake my Flats - which is a pain as I have to set up for each session.

Please fix this.