Telescope control docking was so useless?

Hi,

maybe it is a dumb question, but it is useless to have a standalone docking module of the telescope nudge and the manual goto part? i am starting to use sgp to do everything, sometimes i do not automate,i search my object and center it manually before starting sequencing, i have to run inside too many submenus. :smiley: (however nothing deadly).

i think that a field rotator is kinda mandatory :slight_smile:

We generally try to steer people towards other methods of centering their object. For instance if you have a plate solver setup you can right click on an image and use “Center Here”. Or you can use the Framing and Mosaic Wizard if you have it. Both will get you centered much more quickly than nudging.

Thanks,
Jared

i have noticed myself that.in the end i used the “center here” function instead the nudge. Mosaic wizard has a wonderful tool that is the fetch function. I use it a lot, to find objects, however it would be cool to have a quick call for it, with a “slew to” or “set as target”.

Mainly the thought came up when i had to seek for alnitak to do some polar alignment and focus tests… i had found myself a little lost between differents windows to performa simple task. As far as i am getting used to sgp,it is becoming my “one for all suite”, even when not sequencing

Toying a little with paint before dinner :slight_smile: