Temp Compensation carry forward from one evening to the next?

Hi,
Question on temperature compensation … would this carry forward from one session to another? For instance if temperature at end of one evening is 10 deg and next day the temp at beginning of evening is 20deg, would the temperature compensation kick in and try to account for this temp difference?

Thanks,
DaveNL

Why not just do an autofocus at the start of a sequence?

A lot of other things can move other than just temperature :slight_smile:

But in answer to your question, no I don’t think so.

@UlteriorModem: Well, I often do an autofocus (when I remember :smile:) at the beginning of an evening/before I kick off a sequence.

However, I was hoping to sometimes be able to kick of an evening/sequence un-attended. There does not seem to be a way to automatically have an autofocus run at the start of a sequence.

And it seems that sometimes the focus has shifted enough since previous session that platesolve cannot handle (and never makes it to the autofocus part of the serquence).

DaveNL

Open Equipment profile…

Focus, next to focuser… settings button.

That opens a dialog one of the tick boxes reads “Autofocus before sequence start”.

No, SGP does not adjust focus based on temp compensation when it is not running and will not “remember” the last temp and adjust back between sequences.

I would recommend running auto focus on sequence start like recommended above.

Thanks,
Jared