Temperature Compensation

Is there an reason the auto focus feature can’t be used in conjunction with the temperature compensation training? (rather than a Bahtinov mask)

Bob

1 Like

@Robert_Kimball

It is our stance that the focuser should, in general, not be moved during integration. This, coupled with the fact that, if you do not agree with that statement, SGPro is designed to let you run your real-time temp comp routines from the ASCOM driver (meaning SGPro will not fight it).

Finally, I guess I would add that writing a real-time temp comp routine is not something we’d like to support at the moment (laziness, lack of time… all those things).

Evidently, I didn’t ask my question clearly.

I would like to “train” my new PDF focuser.

It seems I could do an auto focus, then Start the trainer. After several hours, I could auto focus and End the trainer.

Bob

1 Like

I suspect it is more lack of time than laziness - you guys are certainly not lazy!

This is true. We have instructions on the temperature compensation dialog that probably need to be updated to indicate you can use a baht mask or AF to complete the training.

Maybe and automatic temperature compensation trainner running fully automated when your are using the autofocus and producing a temp comp as result?

1 Like