The Astrophotography Manual - second edition

After checking first with Jared, I am pleased to announce the publication of the second edition of my book “The Astrophotography Manual”.
The expanded practical assignments section would not have been possible without SGP’s ability to image reliably and unattended over extended periods. This edition has grown to 432 pages featuring 170 of new content. It expands into several ground-breaking arenas as well as further practical PixInsight instruction.

[update] I forgot to mention, more details are on the support website www.digitalastrophotography.co.uk

clear skies
Chris Woodhouse FRAS

4 Likes

My copy arrived just this past week. Congratulations on finishing the new edition.

Great news, Chris. Your manual is a staple volume on my bookshelf.

It’s superb Chris. My Daughter bought me a copy for Christmas and I’ve barely put it down. I have Warrens Inside PI but your explanations are far more informative and much easier to understand. Definitely the first reference to pick up.
Happy New Year.

Hi Chris,

FYI - I just ordered a copy of your new book. I’ve been using SGPro and doing imaging for a couple of years now but I’m sure there are things I can still learn and improve on with the help of your book. I’m starting out the new year also learning PixInsight. I have Warrens Inside PI which I find very helpful and your book should add additional help and understanding to learning PixInsight, PixInsight looks to be a great imaging processing software, very powerful, but with lots to learn.

Thanks for your work on this. I’m sure I’ll find your book very helpful!

Regards,
Mark

I just ordered this too. It will be a welcome addition to my library! Thanks.

Ciao,
Mel

Great news, Chris. Of all of the books and videos I own, your first edition was the biggest help in pushing me up the astrophotography learning curve last year.

@Chris

Just received my copy of your new book. One of the best designed and published astronomy books I have ever owned. Looking forward to trying some of your PI tips since PI is a never ending learning curve!

Charlie

Thanks for the kind words Charlie.