The focuser module and the ASCOM Drivers

First… I congratulate you, I’m testing your product, I knew this by astrobin.com and I find it very complete and robust to acquire, mainly for its focuser module which is excellent, but the only thing stopping me is that I have to autofocus the JMI PC Focus Control (PCFC), which has its ASCOM Driver, appears in the focuser selector of SGPro, but when I connect it gives me this message " Connection Error: Error connecting to JMI PCFC Motor Controller! SGPro does not currently support relative focus controllers " … I tried using it with POYH HUB and a half working because the focuser moves forward but not backward …I do not know if in a future release include this driver, because I think it’s one of the best parts of the program which has no other program and I cannot use, but if this were scheduled to include it for the future, I could buy the program waiting to use this function in the future.

Kind regards,

Roger

Sorry Roger,

We have no plans to support relative focusers in SGPro. That said, you should talk to your ASCOM driver author to see if they can add an “absolute” simulation mode.

1 Like

Ok … I understand, thank you … I will try if the company JMI can help me.

Roger,
Did you get any help from JMI concerning the ASCOM driver?

Thanks
Wayne

I just took a quick look at the JMI download page:

It says that the ASCOM driver supports both relative and absolute modes.

Tim

Yes Wayne, JMI helped me and the ASCOM Driver now supports absolute mode.

Regards,

Roger

Roger,
That is great. Did they update the driver for downloading on their website or did you have to do something? Also, does it now work with SGP Autofocus?

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne,
Just download the new driver, uninstall the old and install the new. SGP recognize him, by putting it at absolute mode. But the JMI PC Focus Control it is not as accurate, and I switch to RIGEL nSTEP STEPPER motor.

Regards,

Roger

Roger,
Thanks for your advice. I figured that the JMI may not be as accurate but I already have several JMI focusers and the pcfocus unit. Looks like you need a different rigel stepper for each focuser. I will probably stick to focusing by hand

Wayne

Wayne,
I’m just saying … that was me hard to focus, and change to Rigel … but the driver works at absolute mode, you have to prove it. I’ll always thank to JMI for the excellent product and support and I recommend it. But to me, it was easier to change for other focuser…

Regads,

Roger