TheSkyx compatibility

Does SGP communicate with TheSkyx? How?
Thank you

The ASCOM for TheSkyX driver, aka ASCOM 2X Mount Adapter.

ASCOM TSX

It certainly does. As mentioned above, you use the ASCOM driver. You do need to be aware of some behavioural things. You do need to set up the various guiding parameters that you’re going to use and decide whether you’re going to have it home when it connects. In my case I have a TPoint model which slews pretty accurately. I disable external sync in the Driver settings. From time to time TSX will throw an exception, usually because PHD2 was trying to issue a guiding command when SGP was doing something too. The result is that the driver will reset parameters believing that the feature is not supported. A quick perusal of the driver settings will confirm and you can re-enable the feature. I’ll try and get a screen grab.
One other thing. In SGP use target offset to center the mount, not sync.

It has been a great help to me.
Thank you

ascom setup

Here are my driver settings - I have a ROR - so I don’t want the mount to home into the roof upon connect. I have a separate application that controls the roof/mount to prevent collisions.

Thank you for all of your help.
a greeting

Agree with all posted but will add a caveat on recommended settings to work with SGP, if you are using a TPoint model but want to use SGP to do Platesolving then you need to set up “Sync Behavior” in the Telescope tab of the equipment profile to “Target Offset”. I use a Celestron C14 to which I have added an external focuser, but when I have to shift from my STF-8300 to my ZWO ASI 224 it is necessary for me to release the mirror locks and use the built in focus knobs to bring the focus range in for the external focuser to work- of course the well known mirror shift can (usual does) create a bias in the telescope pointing - Using Target Offset mode lets me use SGP to not have to re-do my TPoint mode all the time but still get the benefits of the flexure correction and other nice outcomes of having a TPoint mount/telescope model.

I noticed the ASCOM driver box mentions the TheSKYX ‘Pro’ v10.2.0. I am using TheSKYX 'Serious Astronomer" v10.5.0.

Is my version supported? I suspect it is, just want some warm cuddles.

I’m sorry, social distancing advises against cuddles. I can guess but do not know for certain - best place to ask is the SB lot. They will tell you in a flash.