Time Projection

SGP has a very nice time projection feature…however, most if not all of the times it would be useful, a lot, if we could have an accurate, real time time projection taking into account download times as well as dithering/settling etc.
The reason is that SGP time projection is not really related to the actual completion time…I usually have to add half an hour or more depending on how many exps I have.
Usually these times are more or less similar in every exposure and could be easily calculated based on the PC clock.
Is there any chance of something similar?

I’m not sure if this exactly answers your question, but there is an option for you to input download times and SGP will take that into consideration when calculating the total time until the end of the sequence.

Control panel (or profile) - Camera tab - click on the little arrow just above “Camera Gain”. Then input your download times for different binning modes. This should get you closer to an accurate end time.

Aside from what @joelshort has pointed out we probably will not put any more work into sequence time predictions… there are simply too many non-deterministic factors involved in a sequence to make an accurate guess. Enough that, even if we were to isolate all of the items that are (fairly) deterministic, like dither time, we would still be way off in our predictions because of non-deterministic activities like auto focus, centering, recovery, etc… This comes up once or twice a year, and while I would also like this, I just don’t see a clean way to do it.

Seems like users could simply take the actual time elapsed for a series of sequences and do some quick math to determine how much of that time was spent dithering, focusing and flipping. Averaging it based on the number of exposures would provide a fairly accurate (well, better than zero) time between frames, that could be plugged in to that download times box.

Would that help?

I think Joel’s suggestion works best because u can add the time interval for all the above for each subexp.
I think that solves it.