Tried to open .fit file now SGP wont start

After several months even years of flawless operation all of a sudden I am having issues.

Last night a sequence failed “Plate solver timed out”. Plate solver had been performing perfectly before. Most likely clouds or the mirror fogged over. I use plate solve 2 with ansvr (offline) fall back. Again it was working perfectly.

I decided to look at the temp plate solve .tif file that SGP creates and see if I could plate solve it. I had copied three of the temp .tif files onto an external hard drive. When I used ‘open image’ in SGP it put up an error message of some sort and I clicked ‘continue’. Everything seemed fine.

I tried it a second time and got the same error. Sorry I don’t know the error message but this time I in averdantly clicked the ‘close’ button. Well SGP closed but now it will not start!

I choose to ‘open’ sgp get the spinny circle for about 5 seconds and nothing happens.

I tried re-applying the latest up date but nothing has changed.

What did I do and how do I fix it?

ps; Trying a system restore now.

Probably don’t need a system restore. You will need to clear out your settings files. There is a defect in SGPro 3.0 where your settings can become corrupted and not allow SGPro to open. This has been corrected in 3.1 (still in beta).

If you decide to stick with 3.0 until 3.1 is formally released, see here: SGP will not start after trial and paying for full program - #20 by Ken - General - Main Sequence Software

Thanks for the reply. Might have to come back to that but first a brief update.

I got it to start again after the system restore. However now whenever I go to close SGP I get this error message.

Error by Tom Whit, on Flickr

I will look into clear out the settings file. I guess I will have to re-configure everything afterwards?

Looks like the system restore may have put some very restrictive permissions on those files. If you delete, them SGPro should recreate them (and own them)

Its the same error message that I got before applying the system restore. I will try to find and delete them.

Deleting the offending .xml file worked, however my UI got borked. Not a big deal I can re-configure it.

But I ran into something new I was totally unfamiliar with “Focus Lock”. I have a loadstar and an OAG so I will have to look into this!

Anyhow thanks for the help!