Trouble connecting to nikons

Hope someone can suggest a solution for me. I’ve been using sgp for a couple of years with both a nikon 7100 and modded d5300, on a laptop. Recently ,I’ve been working on setting up a mini pc (minix z83-4) as an observatory computer. Got the latest version of sgp installed, but when I connect to both the d5300 or D7100, sgp crashes.

Here’s what the event log says—
Log Name: Application

Source: .NET Runtime

Date: 12/8/2018 10:28:21 AM

Event ID: 1026

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-BJKT4TS

Description:

Application: Sequence Generator.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: Nikon.NikonException

at Nikon.NikonMd3…ctor(System.String, System.String)

at Nikon.NikonManager…ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Threading.SynchronizationContext)

at l1.br(Boolean)

at l1.gc()

at q0.d3()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns=“http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>

<System>

<Provider Name=“.NET Runtime” />

<EventID Qualifiers=“0”>1026</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime=“2018-12-08T17:28:21.899299100Z” />

<EventRecordID>1653</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-BJKT4TS</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Application: Sequence Generator.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: Nikon.NikonException

at Nikon.NikonMd3…ctor(System.String, System.String)

at Nikon.NikonManager…ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Threading.SynchronizationContext)

at l1.br(Boolean)

at l1.gc()

at q0.d3()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Kind of gibberish to me- any thoughts appreciated

Dave

OK never mind! I installed all the older c++ reditributables I could and it seems to solve the problem. Both my nikons now connect- just need clear skies to try it out.

I’m having this problem too. Can you point me to which c++ redistributables you installed?

Sorry, don’t remember. Just all that I could. Seem to (foggily) remember some won’t install.

David Smith

No worries. As it turns out I needed the 2013 redistributable and now all is good.