Two cameras mode - CCD/CMOS with DSLR

Hi!

Here is crazy idea for those who mount DSLR on the counterweight rod:

• to have possibility to connect to SGP and manage two devices simultaneously: CCD/CMOS camera and DSLR at one time
  • DSLR to be slave device, meaning that its sequence would be synchronized to CCD/CMOS camera

Like that:

• CCD: start 600 sec exposure / DSLR: start 600 sec exposure
  • dither / DSLR: wait
  • CCD: 600 sec exposure / DSLR: 600 sec exposure

or like that:

• CCD: 900 sec exposure / DSLR: 600 sec exposure and then wait 300 sec
  • CCD: 900 sec exposure / DSLR: 600 sec exposure and then wait 300 sec

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi dziki,

Could you please elaborate what do you mean with the step dither/dlsr wait ? Afaik Sgpro gives no option to work synchronized with two cameras,

Cheers,
Janos

Hi Janos,

answering your question: when I take pictures with CCD i use dither between frames. Having that solution makes it impossible to takie pictures simultaneously with DSLR mounted on counterweight rod - DSLR will register dither.

So I dream about solution that SGP could program sequence in that way: after completing CCD subframe mount makes dither, and DSLR waits until dither is finished, then starts exposure.

I know that SGPro does not give option to work synchronized with two cameras, that is why I put this post in “Feature Requests” section :slight_smile:

Cheers :slight_smile:
Lukasz

It would be great to have support for two or more cameras in SGP, but I know that this is quite complex request and hard to implement in SGP. I am thinking (dreaming) about a separeate program, which can take a photo and can be run by “Run script” feature in the “Event settings” (Pre-Event Options) or something similar.