Two newbie-questions

Hi!

I recently started to get familiar with SGP. I really like that software! I already tried out, plate solving, centering, focussing and automated meridian flips. Thursday night, I hopefully will do my first serious imaging session before the nights here in the north become too bright. I have two questions. Would be great to get some feedback.

1. Is it necessary / possible to make sure that Win10 does not install updates or restart during an imaging session? If yes, how can I do this? I have not used Windows since 12 years know. Would be great to get some details where to chance which settings, if required.

2. Questions on changes to a running sequence. Let’s imagine, I am shooting a certain target. Now, while the sequence runs, I decide to shoot another target in the later part of the night. So, can I simply add start and end times for the present target and also add the new target with specific start and end times. Are those changes automatically taken into account, or do I have to stop and to restart the already sunning sequence?

Thank you very much, and all the best
Jan

In answer to question 1, yes, you can delay Windows updates restarting the computer during night hours, by setting the “Change Active Hours” to 18:00pm to 08:00am

For Q2, as a sequence is running you can always pause the sequence, then re-order targets, add\remove\modify targets etc. all to your hearts content, then just restart the sequence…

1 Like

Thank you very much. That was helpful. Keep your fingers crossed for tonight :slight_smile: