"Unable to save file" v2.6.0.21 - Atik 383L+

I’m not really sure what is going on here. My sequence had been operating properly a few days ago but tonight when I try to image I always get a warning that SGP can’t save the file when the image is downloaded from the camera. If I save a frame and focus image it works fine. It’s only the main image from the sequence that won’t download. I restarted everything and also changed the save location to a different hard drive. Still nothing. After a couple hours fighting it, I gave up.

The only difference I can think of is the computer recently updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update. Maybe it messed up a driver or something? Everything else was the same. It was a sequence that was working a few days before. All other functions with the camera (Atik 383L+) in SGP work properly - cooling, focusing, plate solving, etc… It just won’t save the final long exposure image.

Any ideas?
Chris
sg_logfile_20170420225802.txt (331.4 KB)

I suggest you look at the Atik forum under 314 & 383L Cameras. It seems others are having similar issues.

Your file naming pattern seems to be broken and SGPro is not catching it… There seems to be an odd charachter inserted before “.fit”:

Maybe some weird character in the suffix?