Version check error v2.6.1.108

Hi,

I opened Sequence Generator this morning and did an update check and was informed that v2.6.1.108 was available. I have downloaded this version and installed. When I checked for updates I got a ‘version check’ eoor with the following message:

‘An error occured while connecting to the server
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’

I completely uninstalled Sequence generator and re-loaded but with the same results.

I have checked the logs and got the following:

[09/01/18 08:14:17.555][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading notification settings! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\notifications.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.558][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading GNS endpoint settings! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\gnsSettings.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.559][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading email endpoint addresses! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\1-emailEndpointAddresses.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.559][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading email endpoint addresses! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\2-emailEndpointAddresses.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.559][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading email endpoint addresses! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\3-emailEndpointAddresses.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.560][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading text file endpoint data! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\1-textFileEndpointSettings.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.560][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading text file endpoint data! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\2-textFileEndpointSettings.sgd’.
[09/01/18 08:14:17.560][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error loading text file endpoint data! Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro\3-textFileEndpointSettings.sgd’.

I have checked the forums and cannot see another post other than one from 2016.

I would be grateful your help and guidance - this has not happened before.

An update to the above…I re-installed version 2.6.0.25 and the update check worked fine. I re-installed v2.6.1.108 and encountered the same problem.

I have the same issue with 2.6.1.114

? Did anyone get back to you?

cheers
K

Karen,

No unfortunately not and so it is still unresolved - I will see if I can message the company directly rather than via the forum - disappointing really. Have a nice Christmas.

Pete

It seems to me this is comorbid with the DSO browser import targets problem which also resolves rolling back to 2.6.0.25. Otherwise still as yet unresolved.

cheers
Karen