What happened?I found three problems at least, and expect stable SGPro

Because SGPro v2.5.1.17 can’t run multi objects click here , so I’m using v2.5.1.16, it cooperates with PHD v2.6.2. these days, I found they can’t work stably, there are three problems at least.

1 . Center function often can’t execute PS2 then suspended when SGPro is deactivated, often occur at the beginning of sequence, and in the recovery mode is also very prone to.
A sample of at the beginning of sequence:

The log file:sg_logfile_20160902224445.zip (10.2 KB)

A sample of in the recovery mode:

The log file:sg_logfile_20160902222238.zip (10.2 KB)

2 . PHD Camera connection timeout
This is a question still bothers me, from the initial, whether it is the default 15 second timeout, and set the timeout to 60 seconds or 180 seconds, PHD always told me that in 16 seconds, 61, 181-second timeout, and then disconnected from the camera (SGP API) connections, followed by SGPro cancel task sequences.
Recent particularly frequent, I simply cannot take it anymore.

3 . Dither bound to fail in recovery mode.

By the way, there is also a problem, though probably not SGPro problem, but still uncomfortable: PHD often lost the guide star, although the sky is quite clear. This waste me several nights.

I feel tired these days, every morning when I wake up, SGPro will give me the bad news. I expect a stable version SGPro, especially part of the collaboration with PHD, and perhaps it is time to consider writing own guiding program.

Please help me, thank you ~

Add a message, I use RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to remote control computer.

I hope very much that the Recovery function can restart the sequence totally within the setting time, just like a new target, which can improve the success rate of recovery.
Current recovery function is very fragile and often be terminated, the clear night is very valuable for astronomy just like me, wasted one night is sad.

On the PHD2 losing the guide star - that has nothing to do with SGP - have you got the star mass detection enabled in PHD2? It is designed to stop PHD2 switching between two close stars of different magnitudes. Try disabling it. I had the same issues as you, caused by very thin cloud dimming the star. When I disabled it, the problem went away.

1 Like

Thank you, buzz. :slight_smile:
I’ll have a try.

Last night, ‘Failed to meridian flip, aborting sequence’ again! :disappointed:
It seems SGPro finished camera action and can’t execute PS2 to finish plate solver, caused timeout and ‘Failed to meridian flip, aborting sequence (True)’.

[2016-9-3 2:59:29] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Aborting solver frame. Time out!
[2016-9-3 2:59:29] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Aborting auto center…
[2016-9-3 2:59:29] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Auto center aborted, closing centering dialog…
[2016-9-3 2:59:29] [DEBUG] [Pier Flip Thread] Recovery mode invoked but sequence is flagged as aborted, aborting recovery…
[2016-9-3 2:59:39] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Blocking Pier Flip: Failed to meridian flip, aborting sequence (True)

The log file: sg_logfile_20160902231534.zip (234.5 KB)

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the 2.5.2 beta (soon). It affects some cameras more obviously than others… sorry for an inconvenience.

Your advice works, thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you, Ken!
I would be happy to test 2.5.2, and expecting that it can successfully solve these issues.