What is the Difference Between Frame and Focus and a Sequence Exposure

Hi
I have problem with my QSI 690wsg8 camera shooting flats with a 12 V 600 luminous flat panel with around 10 layers of fine art paper to manage the brightness. This was working fine before. Exposure time vary wildy between filters but that would be the type of light the panel emits.

On certain filters (Red and OIII) the exposure leaps from say 30000 to 64000 ADU on a tiny increase in exposure
e.g. .024 to .025 and my only work around has been to use Frame and Focus while I get around to sending it back to QSI (again) it looks like the local vendor might not have passed on the information I gave them regarding the exact problem I gave them. I will deal with QSI direct hereafter.

The problem started after the scope, a Televue 127is, copped a might whack from a falling counter weight. I got the scope re-collimated by Televue and all is working fine but the camera came back, nicely serviced and cleaned BUT with the same niggling fault.

I can however use Frame and Focus to save a set of flats, hence the question. Nothing in the FITS Header has yielded clues and everything I have tried using gain settings so far hasn’t helped to isolate the issue which I think is damaged circuitry between the filter wheel and the camera. Which incidentally seems fine running normal exposures.; the only obvious issues is with flats on certain filters. So before I send the camera back again (in the coming summer I won’t miss it so much), can you think of anything relevant on the difference between F&F sub and a Sequence sub would be a great help.
Many Thanks
Ian Parr

The main difference is that F&F uses high speed download as default.

You can set high speed downloads for sequence images in the camera control panel if you want to try and eliminate or validate that as the problem.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared

Thanks very much. That was very helpful.

Kind Regards

Ian