When Autofocus starts, auto guider does NOT pause

Hello there.

I faced a problem last night where auto guider never pause during auto focus routine (In a running sequence)
I’m using OAG so I need it to pause, I check my settings and I’m definitely check the pause during auto focus setting.

I applied the profile to my sequence, and restarted my laptop, still the same, never pauses during auto focus.

I even created a new profile and a new sequence after that, still the same, I’m using the latest stable version of SGPro.

I’m not around my laptop at the moment so I can’t provide the logs, but if there’s a known bug or a solution, please, help

Thanks

There is no known issue with this. When you are able to get logs we can take a look

1 Like

Thanks Ken

here are the logs for both SGPro and PHD2

the problem I faced was when AutoFocus routine started, I get the red flashing screen in PHD2
also I noticed that when I started a sequence, the guider started to calibrate. even tho it’s already been calibrated and I did not check an option to re-calibrate when a sequence start.

Logs.zip (345.6 KB)

This same thing started happening to me a few months ago even though I have it checked off to pause guiding while focuser is running. It’s still doing it. I’m just living with it

How do you live with it? Mine doesn’t continue, SGPro and PHD2 can’t communicate with each other afyer that.

@amajed172

SGPro has never sent commands to PHD2 if a sequence is not running. All of the options in the control panel define actions during execution of a sequence.

1 Like

Thanks @Ken

So why it didn’t? I did something wrong?

@amajed172

It seems you have conflicting settings and we need to make them mutually exclusive. You ask the guider to pause before AF and it does:

[10-25-19 19:43:37.037][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Pause guiding while AF is active, pause command sent, waiting for guider to pause…
[10-25-19 19:43:37.455][DEBUG] [Auto Guider Thread] PHD2 GetPhdStatus - Post-Wait: Paused

But then you also have the option checked that asks the guider to settle before each AF frame. This starts the guider and then settles. I’ll need to add logic to make these mutually exclusive. For now, you can just uncheck it.

1 Like

This is great @Ken thanks a lot.

didn’t think of it that way, I’ll uncheck the settle before each AF option and see how it turns out.