Why does my meridian flip fail?

I reviewed my log file and it appears that the meridian flip failed occured but then aborted because a guide star was lost after the flip. I am no expert in reviewing log files.

Can you please help with interpreting the potential reason why it faiIed?

I am a newbie and thanks to Buzz for pointers on setting my Paramount MX parameters & software slew limits, I believe I have set them correctly and I think it did do a meridian flip but failed thereafter.

Here is a Dropbox link to the log file.

Thanks in advance.

Shailesh

Last night it failed again. Same symptom. PHD2 cannot guide after meridian flip.

Also before the flip PHD2 picks a star close to the edge. How do I configure PHD2 to pick a star in the center?

Here is a much smaller log file excerpt where it shows clearly that PHD2 cannot restart guiding after a successful medriian flip.

Please help.

Shailesh,

It looks like you are getting runaway guiding after the meridian flip. The likely reason for this is that you probably need to invert your “Reverse Dec output after meridian flip” setting in PHD2.

Please see this post for more details.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it tonight.

How do I enable PHD2 to select a star somewhere in the center vs the edge of the frame?

Shailesh

Reporting back. I refocused and selected Reverse DEC after meridian flip. Now I am able to successfully do a meridian flip and get PHD2 to restart auto guiding.

Thank you very much.

Shailesh