Why does Pause for Focus try to run end of sequence actions

Whenever I have the focuser set to pause for focus, and the criteria for pausing are met, SGP always acts as though the sequence had ended, and prompts me with the dialog that includes the check box to run end of sequence actions. That doesn’t work of course. Does anyone else successfully use pause for focus as an option?

Log file here – it shows aborted after each pause for focus:

Thanks!

Mitch

Hmm – this seems to be related to the option to capture calibration images if sequence fails to complete. I was seeing unexpected messages about calibration in the status bar too. The pause for focus dialog would come up twice after the sequence ended dialog was dismissed. I did not actually have any calibration image events set up in the sequence.

After I unchecked this option, pause for focus started working as expected.

@mitchmitchell

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look.

Ken – if you need me to gather more data, I will be happy to do so. Just let me know whatever you need! There was another option I unchecked but I need to find it – the fact that a calibration message showed up in the status bar let me to think it was the capture calibration images if sequence fails. I think the other option was to perform end of sequence actions on abort or something but I can’t seem to find it right now.

All good. This is fixed and will be available in the next release (or you can grab the next beta). Thx for the report.

WOW that was quick! Thank you sir!

The speed is at least partially down to you @mitchmitchell . You provided a clear description of the problem, with log files. As a result Ken knew where to look and so was able to find the problem and fix it.

I reckon that 90% of debugging is finding out what is really happening. Once you know that the fix is often easy

Thank you very much Chris! One of my day jobs is user acceptance testing so I understand exactly what you are saying.

Best Regards,

Mitch

What version is this related to? I have had a similar issue when pausing for focus after filter change. I have version 2.6.1.114.

Jeffcym – I am on 3.1.0.170

Thanks Mitch.
Authors - Will version 2.6… be updated as well?

Thanks,
Jeff

I’m impressed! I’ve been fighting the same issue. Thank you so much!

Has the beta been issued? I’m not locating it. Probably looking in the wrong spot. I’m running version 3.03.169 Thank you.

Not yet… hopefully this weekend.