Win10 Dark Theme for SGP

64 bit here as well. I downloaded theme file, copied it’s content to another a new theme file via notepad, saved it as a. theme file but get an error trying to open it. I must be doing something wrong. The example looks great.

the formatting of the above cut and paste looks different, maybe that’s an issue? I’ll see if I can unload the file instead.

Maybe this will work…

MyDarkTheme.txt (7.4 KB)

Awesome, it works Eric. Thank you and Shane very much for doing this. This will be a tremendous help to me.

Thanks,
Randy

Glad you got it working!

Hi Eric, Shane

I just wanted drop you a line. I used your Dark Theme for the first time last night and I was very very pleased with how it looked. I’ve been so accustom to how SGP looked over the years it took a few minutes to adjust to the new colors. Nice work and thanks for helping out the community.

Kind Regards,
Mark

Hi Ken,
Any progress with this? I know it’s really low priority, but it would be nice.
Thanks - Shane

@kor

In the next beta, those title bars will inherit color from “SystemColors”->“ControlDarkDark”

This is how I would like to see it.

I noticed YouTube has a Dark Theme scene now. I believe all it is doing is changing black to white and white to black.
Windows Explorer, has the black background as well replacing the original white. Works well.

Kor - many thanks for doing the donkey-work on this. It is an easy matter to tweak the settings. PHD2 seems mostly unaffected by themes.

No problem! And thanks, Ken, for changing the module title bar.

• Shane

Hi Shane,
Thanks so much for the theme setup. I love it!!! Just set it up on my PrimaLuce Lab Eagle 3S running Win10 Enterprise. It took a little bit to find the theme files as they have the AppData folder hidden. Once I unhid it it was a breeze to get working.

Great Job and Thanks Again

Bob

Bob, I’m glad it works for you! - Shane

I tweaked Kor’s theme to use Amber for text and other object colors to make SGP and other applications readable on a crappy Lenovo Thinkpad 11e LCD display when in the field. Amber is supposed to impact night vision as much as red. I will field test next week. For Windows 10.

Mark W.
MyDarkTheme092419.theme.txt (7.3 KB)

Thanks Mark,

The amber is more easily readable.

Bob

@kor

SGPro 3.1 uses new message boxes (the windows that either inform you of some state change or ask you yes / no questions). If there is desire to theme these… the message box background is “ControlDark” and the text is “WindowText”.

Thanks Ken, I’ll install the latest tonight and see what it looks like!

• Shane

You won’t see any change unless the version is > 3.1.0.291

Cool! One less chore I have to do tonight! Headed out to the observatory …

Any interest on your part to add some themes to SGP primarily so we can just toggle whichever we like? Not sure I want my entire windows machine to change to make SGP change colors.

1 Like

www.mainsequencesoftware.com