Window doesn't close after autofocus

For some reason when autofocus is complete, it does not show the countdown to automatically close the window and continue with the sequence.

This is what I get. Notice the countdown is not running in the top bar, and everything is 100% complete. I have to hit the close button myself to make it proceed. Otherwise, it juts hangs there indefinitely.

Here’s my options. I’m asking for a 10 second delay, but its not doing it. And manual focusing reminders are off.

Here is a log of the event.

sg_logfile_20160103173741.txt (38.5 KB)

Any ideas what could be wrong?

The countdown applies only to in-sequence runs. When you run AF manually, you are required to close the dialog when you are ready.

Also, as per the instructions in the “How to Ask for Help Thread”, please do not clip logs. It removes a ton of information we need to provide effective help. The log you attached looks like an in-sequence AF run, but it also shows the sequence continuing successfully immediately after AF is complete (meaning I don’t see any pause in the sequence where you had to close the AF dialog for the sequence to continue).

Well, I actually AM in the process of running a sequence. This was not a manual focus run. It was the autofocus that runs after each frame during the sequence.

Sorry about clipping the log. I clipped to help show the problem area. But here is the entire log from this evening’s run.

sg_logfile_20160103173741.txt (489.4 KB)

Not a problem, I understand the sentiment.

Well, I’m not sure how to help you here. I cannot see what you describe demonstrated in the logs, nor can I reproduce this behavior (nor can anyone else I suspect?.. what you are describing is a pretty major bug… there would be a lot of complaints about this). Notice the end of AF at 7:22:12PM and the immediate continuation of the sequence also at 7:22:12PM. There is no way that a manual closing of the AF dialog could have occurred between those two things. Or it is entirely possible that I am misunderstanding the problem…

[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Auto focus is done…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [AfChartThread] AF chart dialog is closed…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Auto focus complete…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_FOCUSER_AUTO_FOCUS complete…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] AF is complete, continuing sequence…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Created base name for frame capture: ​IC342_LPS_1200sec_0004_-9.7C
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Finished sending frame capture. Entering wait mode…
[1/3/2016 7:22:12 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_CAMERA_CAPTURE message received…
[1/3/2016 7:42:13 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Waking from exposure time sleep period…

Also, the version of SGPro you are running is a bit dated (and unsupported), you may want to upgrade… there have been 13 releases since.

Well, I downloaded the latest version and it seems fine now. Kinda surprised that it would stop working after I been using it this long so successfully. Thanks for the help!

1 Like