WishList: Gain in events main sequence

I think it would be very beneficial to have gain a selection like DSLR have ISO on the main event grid. Right now it’s in the event settings gear for each entry and we have to click to double-check what it’s set as to confirm.

Would others also like to see this? Now that CMOS is here to stay…

That is a good question. Personally with ASI1600 I’ve settled on using two gains, high gain for narrowband and a lower gain for broadband. So my gain selection is fully dependent on the filter used. The per-event gain setting is still sometimes needed (e.g. when taking darks), but right now it is something that I must remember to look at each time I make a sequence. But yeah, +1 for having the gain visible in the event grid as it would reduce the chance of using the wrong gain. In the longer term I’d like to see a default value propagated from filter data similar to how flat exposure time is handled.

++ Jari

I will also +1 this idea. Same boat with a 1600 Pro, and switching between NB and RGB with different gains.

We contemplated this…just running out of space on that form. DLSRs get ISO as that essentially replaces Binning (which is available for CCD on that form). Ken is working on some refactoring of that area…once we get it in a little better place we can probably figure something out.

Thanks
Jared

1 Like