Wrong TEMPerHum readings in SGP

I just purchased a TEMPerHum device to use with SGP. I find that the readings are correct when I use Backyard EOS to connect to the TEMPerHum, and they are also correct when I use the application that came with the device. However, when using SGP, I see readings like 65° C in my house, when the actual temperature is 24°C.

The TEMPerHum driver appears to be working, and the device seems to be generating correct data, but the SGP readings are way off. Any suggestions?

@Dan

We ended support for TemperHum because they are, in general, terrible devices… inaccurate and difficult to support. Apologies.

Dan - see if you can get a Blueastro weather stick. I have similarly suffered from TempermentalHum devices.The weatherstick is brilliant and just works (ASCOM interface)

Buzz: Actually, I’m not suffering from the TEMPerHum device. It works fine for me and I used one for years with BackyardEOS before it died. I just purchased another which also works fine. The problem is that SGP doesn’t support it, not that the device is causing me any problems. How much is the Blueastro weather stick and where can you get it? A web search says it should be available from Deep Space Products but I can’t find it on their site.

Hi Ken. Thanks for the reply. I can certainly understand that you wouldn’t want to support the device if it’s difficult to do so. But your web site has a page listing features that are supported for the different versions of SGP, and TEMPerHum is listed there with a big green checkmark next to it indicating it is supported. If this is a known issue and there is indeed no support for it, I’d like to suggest that you remove it from your web listing, and also emove it from SGP’s user interface. Hopefully that would keep others from wasting their money in the future like I just did.

Dan - the issue was that the devices were not consistent. SGP supported an original version but the device protocol changed, with no external indication. I had two, one would work, one would not. You cannot support a product like that. Even their own software was very much touch and go.

I’m in Europe and you can get the Bluestick from Teleskop Express, 10Micron, Baader Planetarium. They are about €90 when I last looked.

I have exactly the same issue, it seems to be reading the temp in f but posting in c. What makes this more frustrating is the focus modul reads and post the temp correctly and so is the posting to the file name when ambient temp is part of th name. Given this, it seems to be an inconsistency in the temp module and not the device.
Note: the TempHum is the only environmental monitor connected as I am not using the external temp probe on the USB-focuser.
Attached example