ZEQ25 GT Mount Driver Requires Connection To Third Party Applications First

I use a ZEQ25GT mount from iOptron for imaging. It seems that the only way SGP will start with the proper RA/DEC information is if I first start a third party application like Cartes Du Ciel and slew to a target. After the application has completed the slew and started tracking, I can connect the mount inside SGP and the RA/DEC info is correct.
Is this just how things work or am I overlooking something?
I’ve attached log files. #1 is with the drive loaded but not tracking. #2 is with the driver loaded and tracking enabled. #3 is with the driver loaded and tracking after slewing to an object in CDC.
BTW, I have to use POTH with iOptron Telescope .NET driver in order to connect PHD2 as well as CDC at the same time SGP is up. The newer iOptron driver for the ZEQ throws all kinds of other issues regarding mount not tracking etc.

–Jon
sg_logfile_20191102104633_#3.txt (21.5 KB) sg_logfile_20191102104046_#2.txt (20.7 KB) sg_logfile_20191102103633_#1.txt (21.5 KB)

Generally, yes, this is how SGPro works. SGPro does not care how you get your mount synced with the sky, it just expects it to be done. That said, the method most folks use is what’s called a “Blind Solve and Sync”. Just point your scope at an area of the sky and click the Blind Sync button in SGPro. That’s it… you’re done and can start imaging.

Astrometry.net is the default blind solver and works out of the box as long as you have an internet connection. If you dont or if you would like your solves to be faster (using the Astrometry.net service can be slow), you can install ANSVR on your imaging machine (local version of Astrometry.NET).

Thank you Ken for the reply. Weather permitting, I’ll give it a go tonight.

Thanks again…

–Jon