ZWO asi1600 bad state after planetary use in another program

OK so I’m not saying this is an SGP problem, per say, but something folks might want to be aware of and maybe some code from here could make it easier to recover.

Last night I did some planetary with SharpCap 3.2. After I was done, I disconnected the camera in software, and reconnected it in SGP (3.0.3.151) with the native driver. All exposures gave a totally black display, although I noticed that the min. value was 65k,

Anyway Power off the camera, including removing the USB cables, and back on again didn’t help. Restarting SGP didn’t help. Rebooting the computer (and again power cycling, USB disconnect reconnect ) the camera didn’t help.

As a last ditch effort, I switched to the ASCOM driver in SGP and noticed that the USB throttle was all the way to the left. I put it back to my normal setting of 85 and everything went back to normal. Phew!

So, I’m wondering if there is anything to be done in SGP to watch/avoid this or at least make it easier to recover?

Thanks in advance

What and where are you setting the gain and offset to in SGP? If you’re relying on the default values it will use what was last set by the camera. That’s at least my initial thought.

Thanks,
Jared

gain 200 offset 50. in the native driver in SGP.