ZWO ASI1600 images displays all black frequently

I have been having an issue with my ASI1600MM for the past year or more and I wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue. Trying to see if it is my camera or perhaps a bug within SGP. I will try to describe my issue.
I am using the most recent Beta. This issue has been happening since back in the early v3 days. I only have 1 (equipment) profile. All drivers for all hardware items are updated. Windows 10 is my OS. Currently build 1809 but the exact problem happened with 1607. I have went as far as completely re-imaging my PC and reinstalling SGP and creating a new equipment profile from scratch several times. Rebooted, restarted, you name it. The problem always returns at some point.

In my equipment profile I can choose from ASI Camera (1), ASI Camera (2), or ZWO Camera as my camera. I have chosen ZWO. Once my profile is setup and I start imaging, everything works as intended. I can pick up where I left off the next night and do this for a few or many imaging sessions. But at some point when I start to image, the picture that is returned from my camera is just a black image. Rebooting and/or restarting SGP does not resolve it. I have only found 1 way to resolve this. Here is what i have to do. I open the equipment profile and change the camera from ZWO Camera to ASI Camera (1) or (2). All that seems to matter is I’m changing it FROM “ZWO Camera”. I then apply that profile to the current sequence. I can take a single frame and focus image to see, and I get back a pic of stars. I then go back into the equipment profile and change the camera back to ZWO Camera and then apply the sequence to the current profile and now I can see stars when I take a frame and focus image.

I tried misc. ways. I created a new sequence and tried to image only to get back a black image. Recreated a equipment profile with only mount a camera. Nothing works after the issue starts unless I change the camera type in the profile and then switch it back. Any thoughts?

I have seen something similar, but not only in SGPro, but other control application e.g. SharpCap etc. but it happens very rarely…

For me, to ‘re-set’ the camera, I just use ASI’s basic capture application, which for me works ok…

I have seen this happen often after using Sharpcap to polar align. After closing Sharpcap, the native ZWO driver stops working in SGPRO and returns a 100% black image. ZWO Ascom drivers still works. My quick “reset” is to reboot the computer. I will definitely try the “Asicap reset”

I had the same problem, but my solution may not apply in your case. I also run SC and PHD2. I used to see black frames and also unending download times for some images. It was only occasionally, but often enough to be a problem for me. In my case, it seems to have been because I was running the ASI100MM-C through a hub. So I dedicated one of the 2 USB ports on my laptop to the camera and I have not since had one instance of a black frame or download hang.

Running ZWO ASICAP and then coming back to SGPRO seems so solve this problem. Thanks @Dr_Ju_Ju for your suggestion on this " reset"