ZWO ASI1600MM-C Binning

Hi All,

I am using the latest drivers and software etc. The camera is connected.

I’m having a problem under ‘Equipment Profile Manager, Focus Settings’ area in setting the binning higher then 1:1.

Under the ‘Control Panel’ it is possible, as the option is there up to 4:4 binning.
The problem is when creating a new Sequence I always have to open up control panel to set the binning.

The question is, is it possible to have it permanently set in the ‘Equipment profile Manager’ or is this not an option.

Thanks
Robin

1 Like

I posted about this in October 2018 in a thread started in May 2018. If you read this thread ( Binning PS2 with new ZWO driver - Plate Solving - Main Sequence Software ) I believe you are having the exact same problem as other people. No one has answered my posts since October.

1 Like

It should allow you to set it, and should have up to 4x4. You may try connecting the camera and opening up the Equipment Profile so that it will get the possible binning values from the camera. That’s not ideal but it may allow you to work around it for now.

Thanks,
Jared

Also is this with the native ZWO Camera or the ASI ASCOM Driver?

Thanks,
Jared

It appears that this is only with the native ZWO driver.

If I connect my ASI1600MC-Pro in SGP using the native ZWO driver and then go into “Equipment Profile Manager” and then into “Focus” and then into “Use Auto Focus ; Set”. If I click on the binning dropdown, only 1X1 binning shows up as an option. Same happens on the “Plate Solve” tab and binning dropdown. Only 1X1 is shown as a selection. Now if I disconnect my Camera and then choose “ASI Camera (1)” which is the Ascom driver and then connect my camera. When I go to “Equipment Profile Manager” and choose either the Focus or Plate Solve tabs the binning dropdown gives me 1X1, 2X2, 3X3, 4X4 options to chose from. So the options to bin more than 1X1 are not showing up in the Equipment Profile Manager when using the Native ZWO driver.

Now one might say just use the Ascom driver to connect. Well then I cannot get the Ascom driver to fill in Gain and Offset into my file name. The values for keywords %cg and %co are not substituted in the file name.

1 Like

Hi Jared,

Yes it is the ZWO Native Driver.

The Post ‘Mexbound’ supplied summed it up perfectly. So I won’t repeat.

Regards
Robin

Hi,

Bumping this because I believe this is the same problem I have just hit. I am trying to use the Flats Calibration Wizard with my ASI1600MMPro and I only see 1x1 binning. This is a real problem as I do want to be able to use other binning while I’m imaging.

I have tried using Control Panel and that lets me set up to 4x4 binning with the FCW but when I save the results and open up the filters in the Equipment Profile Manager this is only showing the 1x1 binning values.

Is there any solution or work-around for this?

Regards, Hugh

Hi Hugh,
I believe Jared maybe working on this one as it appears to be an issue using the ZWO Native driver. If you are not fussed about Gain/Offset being in your file name then the ASCOM driver should work for you.

Robin