ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool Image Download Hanging

I had similar issues in my testing with 1.0.2.5. I havnt tested with .7 but I will try to tomorrow.

Leave the USB limit at 45. Higher can work but I would start getting random failures the higher I went. I could also duplicate this in other capture apps. Also it doesn’t seem to make much difference.

When you get into that “first frame works, others fail” you need to reboot. This seemes to be directly linked with upping the USB Limit. Unplugging the camera did not work. Only thing to fix it was a reboot, like the low level driver was in an odd state.

I’ll grab the latest ascom driver and see if that changes things. With 1.0.2.5 things were pretty stable as long as I left the USB Limit alone.

Thanks
Jared

Thanks Jared, appreciate the swift response.

USB limit of 90 is default for USB 3, and I believe recommended by ZWO – I tried dropping it to 45, rather than increasing it to 90.

I just downloaded SharpCap and, without rebooting, have successfully captured 200 bias frames and am currently capturing darks. I was using USB limit of 90 with SharpCap.

This suggests to me that the issue is either an integration issue between ZWO’s ASCOM driver and SGP, or an SGP bug.

Thanks again,
Lee

Maybe that’s changed in the new driver? Default is definitely 45 in 1.0.2.5 for usb3 and 75 for usb2.

Jared

It’s possible I’m mistaken. I’m somewhat notorious for having a terrible memory :slight_smile: Thanks again Jared, really appreciate the support!

I am also having a download issue with SGP and an ASI1600mm cool. I am a new user trying SGP out for the first time. I can connect the camera and set up a sequence, but on running the sequence the program hangs after downloading the first image. I have tried with the latest version (2.5.1.15) and a previous version. I have no problem using the camera with Firecap and ImagesPlus Camera Control.
My system is a Windows 8.1 laptop with USB3 ports.

More info
Also hangs on first download or after first download with ASI178mc
Works fine with Canon T3i
log has lines (exposure is 5s, I kill sequence after 30 s with no activity):
[6/11/2016 12:44:34 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Entering super dangerous loop to await image completion…
[6/11/2016 12:44:34 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] TEMP - Current Event16: 0
[6/11/2016 12:45:06 PM] [DEBUG] [Main Thread] User requested sequence abort…

Sadly I get the same bad behavior with 1.0.2.7 but 1.0.2.5 works fine. I’ll contact ZWO and see what changed.

Thanks,
Jared

Ahh. I wondered if that might be the case. I tried to find 1.0.2.5 but they don’t appear to have prior releases on their site.

Cheers,
Lee

Actually this seems somewhat random. Back on 1.0.2.7 w/SGP 2.5.1.15 and everything is working just fine. But I was having failures earlier…

Maybe just try rebooting and leave the ascom settings alone and see what happens ?

Jared

I love random bugs, always my favourite to debug :smiley:

I tried rebooting and leaving the USB limit at 45, but could only get the first image in the sequence. I rebooted again and set the USB limit back to 90 and still could only get the first image in the sequence.

Cheers,
Lee

Hey guys,

Update on this: ZWO have released a new version of the ASCOM driver - 1.0.2.8 - which is supposed to resolve this issue. With that version I have been able to successfully run a short sequence of bias frames using SGP. Looks like this might have fixed it.

Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers,
Lee

Tested this morning on my ASI178mc which had the same problem as the ASI1600 (same driver) and it worked for me.
Now all I need to do is learn all the rest of SGP.

ZWO has released a driver that should fix the hanging. I haven’t tested it yet but will later today. 1.0.2.8

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software/

Thanks
Jared

Heh, I see I’m late to the party and Lee already posted about it :slight_smile:

I rolled back to 1.0.2.5 after some issues with 1.0.2.8 similar to 1.0.2.7 issues. I haven’t had problems using latest SGP and 1.0.2.5.

After over three weeks running SGP to control the ASi1600, with no problems t all, it has now stopped working. I have just wasted two hours trying everything I can think of and it will not work properly. I had down loaded the latest version of SGP V2.5.1.15 after my last imaging session,and the new ASCOM driver V1.0.2.8, and now my system is stuffed.
Basically, frame and focus does not work anymore, just downloads and never stops. I tried using short subs in a sequence and that doesn’t work either. I am out of business. My cables are exactly as they were, I have changed nothing but this software. I have rebooted the laptop, tried difference connection secquences for the various devices, checked the device manager, reinstalled stuff, and nothing worked.
Can you SGP guys please fix this.

Ok I am going to go back to V1.0.2.5 and see what happens.

1.0.2.5 and 1.0.2.8 are working fine for me on multiple machines, USB2 and USB3. 1.0.2.7 had an issue but it appears resolved.

Thanks,
Jared

I reverted to ASCOM driver V1.0.2.5. and that seems to have fixed the problem for me, at least Frame and Focusing is working again. I have shot some quick test images that I need to check. At least it is not stuck in constant download state that can only be stopped by shutting down SGP.
I am tempted to rollback to SGP .14 as I had that running flawlessly for three weeks when I first got the ASI1600.
Glen

I would absolutely stay with 2.5.1.15.

Jared

I have reviewed my test images, shot is both Ha and Lum, these were simple star shots at various shot (30 & 60") sub lengths - they are completely black (with the exception of some noise). It would appear that I am getting nothing now from the camera, even though the download runs and the star analyser runs and it saves the file - there is nothing there apparently. And no the scope cap was not on, and the camera was powered and cooled and connected in SGP. Funny thing is that 10" Frame and Focus images worked but looked strange, very washed out.

I’m at the point of looking for another camera control app. I will test again when I can with Sharpcap.