ZWO Dew heater option grayed out

Just started using the zwo asi071mc pro with sg pro and noticed when i am not using ascom the option for the dew heater is grayed out? Am i missing something here? How to control the dew heater as the option works when using ascom but not with built in ZWO support,

Thanks,

Anthony

No, it’s not imolemented yet. I needed to update the ZWO drivers to get that functionality and when I went to do that their driver package was in a weird state. Zwo has corrected it I just haven’t gone back to update it yet.

Thanks,

Jared Wellman
– Co-Founder and Developer
www.mainsequencesoftware.com

Thank you for the fast response. Though i was doing something wrong. I will wait for the update.

Jared any update on this option? Still greyed out on latest version. I would like to use the zwo driver. Thanks

Thanks for the reminder. No, I need to update the ZWO drivers. Last I tried there were some issues with their driver package. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow, however I don’t have a ZWO that supports this so you may have to experiment with it for me (I’m not sure if you have any way of knowing if it’s on or off?)

Thanks,
Jared

I don’t believe i would be able to tell if it is on or off as you said. Even with a temperature gun the difference may be so minute. If you can think of a way, i would be glad to do it.

Hi Jared. I downloaded the update but it is still greyed out. Just an fyi.

Yes, it has not been updated or enabled as of yet.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared i found some weird issues with this dew heater and think there is something wrong with there code as you may have suggested above. When running with the zwo drivers there is no dew heater as we noted its greyed out but when i switch to the ascom drivers the and enable the heter the chip temperature goes up by almost 8c degrees. So there is a way to measure if it is on or not just by judging the difference from ambient to dew heater on temp. This is the only sense i can make out of this thread link below. I am not asking you to comment there unless you feel like it. Thanks. ZWO Temperature difference from ambient? - Beginning Deep Sky Imaging - Cloudy Nights

I too have a Zwo ASI071 with the dew heater greyed out in SGP. I just purchased SGP but may need to request a refund as i could not run the dew heater last night and dew stopped my imaging session :frowning: ! No other way to turn it on and keep running SGP? Thanks for your reply.

I believe using the ASCOM driver will automatically turn it on or give you control over it outside of SGP.

Thanks,
Jared

I used an ASI071 with SGP without issues. The cooler worked fine. Are you using the ASCOM driver? That driver worked as expected. The ZWO native driver may be a different matter.

Hello StarShip, Thanks for your reply.
Ok i worked out what to do, 1 download the special Zwo camera driver and then
2 select ASI Camera (1) from the drop down in SGP and not the ZWO Camera option.
the tools button then give more options, like Dew control. Thanks again. Clear skies

1 Like

Very nice meeting you at NEAF. One of the nicest people i met there. Now give me my dew heater lol just kidding! :wink:

Jared, is this in the coming new release?