ZWOASI120mm and SGP version 2.6.0.24

I have been trying to get my ZWO camera to preform in SGP. With the native ZWO driver and the Ascom driver installed, i would select ASI 1 and the camera connects, no problem. Next i close the “show Sequence” window and click on the “take one” button. Since my camera is sitting on a table under a bright light, I would expect to see a White screen as the chip should be saturated. instead what is returned is a totally black screen.

I took this problem to Cloud Break Optics to have Matt Dahl look at this: he also had the same results. Matt even took another ZWoASI120mm out of his stock and tried it with another laptop besides mine and he got the same results.

I there some incompatibility with a ZWOASI120mm and SGP?

Russ Coad

Do you have the auto stretch feature enabled? That might do something wonky with completely white images.

I don’t think it is a stretch thing. I had the same thing with an ASI1600 the other day. I spent about 30 minutes trying all sorts of things, but ultimately had to shut down the computer, and cycle power on the camera before I could get anything other than zero ADU output.

Despite my complaints, I really like SGP, but it has some serious bugs that can ruin a whole night.

Have any of the developers talked to you about this problem? Did your ASI1600 work before that?

Russ Coad