New Plate Solve Problem

Hi all,
we are currently having Problems using plate solve.
We just wanted to Center on the target. Then PS2 found the Location and it was about 50 px away from the target and moved the telescope. On the Screen, we can see that the Position changed, but PS2 tells us exactly the same error again.

We never had this issue before and Center on did work quite well, we did not Change any Settings. But did go on a new Software release.
We went down to astrometry.net, but had similar Problems.
It is really odd and I do not have any clue what we can do now.

Has anybody similar issues?

When we try to solve our reference Image (longer exposure time) PS2 does not find his Location at all. Astrometry.net did solve that Image well.

Log file is attached. (User Abort was ours as we saw the same error again and again)
sg_logfile_20170806230056.txt (270.3 KB)

Thanks and best regards,
Anna

Hi Anna

I am using the latest SGP beta .24 and 10Micron beta firmware 2.15.1 and have been for some time. I do not experience any plate solving or centering issues whatsoever. I am however using PinPoint and have done so for years.

I always make sure that Synch Refines are OFF in the HC and I have the SGP synch setting to ‘Synch’. By any chance do you think you may have inadvertantly changed the synch status in the mount to Synch Refine ON?

If your synch point from centering is carried out when synch Refines are ON, a model point will be added to your existing model instead of the point aligning the model. This would certainly make you think that the mount is not centering. As this synch behaviour is independent of the plate solve engine (PS2 or astrometry.net) it might be a place to start checking.

Barry

Hi Barry,
Thank you for your help!
Indeed we changed the sync setting in Pers driver earlier today and now it does work well. I did not post that instantly sorry.

Thanks and best regards,
Anna

Excellent news :grinning:.

Clear Skies Anna!