%cg in file name not working for ZWO

I’m trying to put camera gain in the file name template but I get a NAcg instead of the number. I’m using %cg as the placeholder.

Hi Wayne, I posted the same query a couple of days ago and so far no one has responded

I think it only works when you choose the direct/native connection of the ZWO cameras, without using the ASCOM driver.

But as far as I know this function is still in beta and can cause other problems.

It the gain property available from the driver (Ascom or SGP)? If it isn’t then this would explain what you are seeing.

Hi Chris

On the SGPro Sequence page under Equipment,I am clicking the Camera spanner and setting the camera gain and offset here.
Is that what you would call setting gain from the ASCOM driver? If not where is gain set?

Thanks

No, that is communicating directly with the camera driver. It’s reading the gain through the standard ASCOM interface that’s needed. Try looking for an error message in the log.

Hi Chris, not sure what I am looking for, but this section of the log file
seems to relate to the camera and gain. Not sure if it tells you anything?

Presumably setting the gain as I do using the spanner etc. DOES set/change
the camera gain for taking images?

The camera gain can be read from the driver, it’s reported as 139. The NA report must be for some other reason.

The errors indicate that there is some problem reading things that are needed to know how to set the gain, still this can be set in the driver.

Can I conclude then that as of now, SGpro can’t successfully read into the file header, the gain setting of the ASI1600 camera?

Thanks

I have a 1600MC and the only way I have gotten the gain to show in file name is to, yes, add the %cg but for me I click the “gear” button at the left side of the sequence box, next to the event then go to event settings and set the gain to what I have already set it to in the driver.
Main thing i’m worried about now is forgetting to do that and having a mismatch of gain settings between the driver and the event and not knowing if the file name was what the shot gain truly was.

Yes, the only way we’ll set the gain is if it’s set in SGP. If it’s set in the driver we do not pull it from there. I’ll be releasing a new version in the next couple of days that supports per event Gain and Offset for with our native ZWO driver and when using that driver the values show up for Gain and Offset in the file naming.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

Thanks Jared!

Another Question – I’m ordering a new FLI Kepler camera with the sCMOS chip. Any word on SGP support for these new cameras?

Wayne

I have not personally tested them and I’m unsure what the support is like with their native driver. So unfortunately I’m unsure. If something needs adjusting we will likely need to reachout to FLI to get a camera for testing. Or I believe they have an ASCOM driver in the works as well so that may be adequate.

Thanks,
Jared