Failed meridian flip with AP1100 mount and APCC Pro

You will need to ensure that APCC is more tolerant of being past the meridian than SGPro. SGPro will not flip until 1 minute past, but this allows APCC to take action before SGPro can initiate.

@lucam @Ken
Good news! The problem was in APCC and has been corrected. The command to send the meridian delay to the mount looks like it got accidentally removed in some refactoring work. The fix has been implemented and is available for download. Luca, you can get the new version from APCC’s help menu, using check for updates.

Thank you, Ken and Luca, for your patience!

-Ray

Thank you very much, Ray!

I ran more tests today and concluded that the problem was that the flip offset was not being communicated to SGP. It sounds like you determined the same thing. I still have the mount setup with simulators indoors, I’ll download the new version of APCC and test.

Thanks to everyone involved,

Luca

hi ray, what version(s) of APCC did this issue affect?

Hi Luca,

The meridian flip point was being sent to SGPro but the flip point wasn’t getting changed in the mount. Please try out the latest version to make sure it is the final solution. I was not able to do an actual run under clear skies because of weather conditions.

-Ray

@pfile, sorry, I didn’t look back to the exact version that this started. I just noticed when stepping through the code that it was in an area of code I had rewritten some months ago.

-Ray

Hi Ray,

It works! I have setup indoors and connected the mount to APCC 1.8.0.9 and SGP. When I change the value of flip offset now the countdown to meridian flip in SGP is updated (it wasn’t previously, and that was the cause of the problem because SGP always bumped into the West meridian limit). SGP initiates the flip and APCC slews across the sky from the West side counterweight up to the East side counterweights down.

Another welcome change with this new version (i don’t know if this is related) is that the pre-flip West side counterweight up works when the target is inside the East limit, without checking the East limit box. With 1.8.0.5 that did not work. In order to pre-flip the East limit and West limit boxes had both to be checked.

I will give it a proper shakedown under the stars on Saturday night, if the weather cooperates, but I am very optimistic.

Thank you again for the great support!

Luca

ok… well i’ll upgrade and see if the problem goes away. i think it might be clear tonight so i can test.