Focusser disconnects during night

Hello,

i have a new rif in a new remote location and i use SGP to control it. It works great but i noticed that the Optec Focuslynx gets diconnected at some stage over the night. When checking in the morning, the focuser is disconnected and the focus drifted. I can reconnect the focuser manually by clicking on connect in SGP fine.

With the attched logs, Is it possible to see why this happens? Or is there an automatic reconnect feature that reconnects equipment in case on an issue?

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ar79hUH3l7kigucFiLykgX00HEgJBw

Thank you!

best regards
Matthias

@matthisk

I can’t really say what happened, just that your focuser reported that it was no longer connected at 00:30. The other side of the story is in the corresponding ASCOM logs for the focuser. SGPro sees this:

[04.04.17 00:30:06.916][DEBUG] [Equipment Connectivity Thread] SGPro thinks the focuser is connected, but it’s not, syncing UI…
[04.04.17 00:30:06.916][DEBUG] [Equipment Connectivity Thread] Adding sequence level notification: External disconnect of focuser detected…
[04.04.17 00:30:06.919][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Disconnecting ASCOM Focuser: ASCOM.FocusLynx.Focuser

Thank you Ken,

Hm, well, the good news is that it did not happen again during the last 3 nights.

Best regards
Matthias

A post was split to a new topic: Focuser disconnects