How do I drop back to 3.0?

How do I drop back to 3.0 from 3.1? After a total disaster running 3.1 tonight I tried to install 3.0, but even though it seemed to install, when I ran it, it immediately quit. With only a few nights per month of clear and dark skies, the failure to center errors and subsequent failures are very frustrating. As such, I need to downgrade to 3.0 until 3.1 is stable. Any help with this is much appreciated.

1 Like

Im guessing that you have 3.1 running based on the subsequent support request.

To move back to 3.0, simply reinstall it and then, before running it, go to the directory where your profiles are saved (in the “Sequence Generator” folder where the logs are located unless you have moved it) and delete all files ending in “sgp”. Then for all files ending in “bak”, rename and remove those extensions so that they end with “sgp” again. Start SGPro.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try.

This did not work. Removed and renamed the backup files and SG Pro will not load, rolling back from 3.1.0.415 to version 3.0.3.165. Also tried 3.0.3.169.

See here: SGP will not start after trial and paying for full program - #20 by Ken - General - Main Sequence Software