SGP API Guider CameraXsize is missing

Hello Thomas,

Please try PHD2 v2.5.0dev1. The issue may have been fixed in that version. If you still see the problem, please post your PHD2 Debug Log from v2.5.0dev1 on the PHD2 Forum.

Andy

Hello Andy,

thanks for your reply, I will try this as soon as possible. I saw that you are a PHD2 developer by name. Thank you very much for your further development of PHD, PHD2 is a great software. Autoguiding is always crtical, with PHD it is much easier.
Thomas

Thomas, thanks for the kind words.
Andy

Hello Andy, hello Jared,

@Andy
you got it. I installed v2.5.0dev1 and the problem is gone. By the way, nice new GUI! Thanks for your forum post and help.

@Jared

No it was not denied.
Today, I deinstalled SGP and reinstalled it “not” as admin. The issue is still there. I had to run it as admin or http listner is not running. What should I do next? Is there a SGP or Windows log I can provide? I see a small netsh flashing before SGP starts, but cannot read so fast :frowning:
Thomas

Yes, you can attach a log. The location is available in the Help menu in SGP.

What OS are you running? Any additional antivirus software or other things that could block this?

Thanks,
Jared

Hello,

I am running Window7 Home Premium (64bit). There is no change if I disable AVIRA antivirus, but who knows.
I placed a logfile as attachment, I suggest it is line 8. If I run SGP as admin this line is not there.
sg_logfile_20150825173043.txt (15.7 KB)
Because the messages at program start are flashing so fast, I decided to film it with my EOS, foolish?

This is the UAC message. I say ok to this:

###################################################################################

Because I my Windows is german I had to translate the fast flashing shell message:
“Unable to create SDDL, Error 1332, wrong parameter.”

I am not a software developer, any hint for me?

Thomas

Sorry, nothing comes to mind imemediately. This is something we will need to research. You hit “Yes” to allow SGPro access tot he port, but the SGPro still reports:

[25.08.2015 17:30:52] [DEBUG] [Main Thread] Error initializing API (tried to unblock port): Zugriff verweigert (Access Denied)

Not sure why this would happen.

Hello Ken, hello Fared,
I asked a administrator in my company and have googled a little. The problem arises with non english windows versions (german, spanish, franz.). “user=Everyone” is valid for english versions, for other lang. versions it might be fail. The solution is to use well known security identifiers (SID).

Link to a Microsoft page relating this.

Is it possible that you change this in forthcoming versions?

Thomas

I’m not sure which user we should use. The article you linked indicates “Everyone” is a universally recognized SID. Maybe @Andy can comment on which he uses.

Maybe “World”? Maybe “S-1-1-0”?

Not sure if it’s correct, but in the next beta, SGPro will now attempt to gain access (reserve) port 59590 with SID S-1-1-0 instead of the English “Everyone” SID. Hopefully that will cure any unfortunate localization issues with the API.

Hello Ken and Fared,

I am happy to hear that. I am looking forward to use SGP for the first time under the stars. Sorry I attract software bug like a magnet, I do not search for.
Thomas

Hello All

I am also having this issue whit my SBIG STL 11000M,
if I want to use the guider I get the "SGP API Guider Ascom driveris missing CameraXsize property "

i am using SGP lite for now. I don’t know if that is a problem? I intending to buy it if I get all to work.

tried different drivers, and different PHD and SGP installations.
also when I try to reached http://localhost:59590/metadata I get a can’t make a connection.

Hope some one can help me.
Regards Simon