2.5.0.11 Crash on download

SGP crashed while taking a dark series this evening - was stuck on downloading when I came in to check on it. The following Microsoft box was up:

Here’s the logfile: Dropbox - File Deleted

…Keith

Exact same problem manifested again today when I was trying to track down another issue:

Logfile: Dropbox - File Deleted

Keith

FWIW, I’m having the same problem - crashes on downloads. Same windows error report.

I’ll send my log files and description together as soon as I can get it together and figure out dropbox.

Same thing happened a couple of nights ago while imaging, but I found I can repeat the error with Dark/Bias series.

Win7Pro
SBIG XTL 6303E

Jim Seargeant

I have no idea why this is happening. The logs are consistent, but lack information required. I cannot reproduce the issue so we get to play my all-time favorite game of add more logging, reproduce and guess.

Rats. I was hoping the logs had trapped the error. I take it that the Windows files that the error message displayed aren’t of any use?

Hi Keith,

you could try to retrieve the „…WERInternalMetadata.xml” and have a look inside. It should contain more info about what is going on. For a very short description of some cryptic parameters pls. have a look at this:

Even better, upload it and let Ken do the work. :relaxed:

Regards,
Horia

Those WER files may actually help. They often contain exception data in them that can at least point to a general area.

I looked in the designated temp directory for those files and couldn’t find them - I fear that if they aren’t sent to MicroSoft they are deleted.
…Keith

OK. Thx for looking. The next beta will have fairly detailed instrumentation of some of the areas I suspect may be problematic.