4 Panel Mosaic of the Flaming star nebula and area

Taken over 3 months in the U.K using 2 EQ8 mounts 2 Tak FSQ 106Ed’s, different CCD’s and filters using of course SGpro all the way…

A joint project with my friend Matthew Foyle, i couldn’t have done this on my own.

101 hours of Data
HA 150x 20min’s
O111 76x20min’s
S11 77x20min’s

Its really short of O111 & S11 the signal is very weak, its been a difficult target to process with over 30 hours, trying to get Pixinsight to match the panels correctly, PS Cs5/6 and Images plus

2 Likes

A huge project Ray & Matthew - well done…most especially for bringing all that data together from two set-ups.

Thank you Brendan, it wasn’t easy I have to admit, but pleased with our result.

:slight_smile:

Ray

Fabulous effort Ray. A daunting task in our fickle skies. It’s also great to see fellow astro-imagers teaming up to produce such great work.

Steve.

To be fair Steve, it is the only way we could have acheived it, the skies are very difficult in the u.k.
The processing was just on another level and I’m very luck to have a friend like Matt, who not only contributed to the capture time but put in a lot of hours developing the process we used, in fact because we live 30 miles apart, Matt spent several long nights at my home and we burnt the candle a bit :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment Steve, it’s much appreciated.

Ray n Matt

Looking at the result (fantastic) I have to believe that not so deep down you are very pleased. I know I would be.

Thank Rod, yes we are pleased, it was worth the effort, the u.k. Ain’t an easy place to image from :slight_smile:

Ray