Altair 183m pro hypercam still imaging whilst rotation on platesolving HELP

Hi Guys, well more problems… I got everything up and working last night on my new PC. I’m using alos a new Altair 183m pro hypercam. When platesolving I’m also using a rotator which worked fine with my QSI583 with Sgpro
However with this new cmos 183m it seems that the camera is still imaging whilst rotating and hence the platesolve failing. I’ve attached logs and an image to the link below.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aps3TWyEhwyY0iVu0JdUFCuSzsVQ

Sorry I don’t have dropbox . The rotator is a Rigal Systems one

I tried and tried again last night but it seems that the message to end the imaging isn’t getting through to the camera before it rotates

Also Gene Nolan (Rigal Systems) has been made aware of the problem, maybe worth talking to him as you had a similar problem with their focuser

Ok a quick update…it seems to be a Sgpro issue.
If I manually select “ plate solve and rotate “ it works. However, if I select “Run Sequence “ the platesolve and rotate doesn’t work good resulting in star trails as shown in the image included in my download file shown in my first post above.

@MarkW

While it is not impossible, it is likely that this is not an SGPro issue. I only say this because this code is quite mature and has not changed for quite some time. Looking through the logs, we would need more information to help you troubleshoot which part of your rig is misbehaving. My initial thought is that your ASCOM rotator driver is sometimes misbehaving (this would explain the seemingly intermittent success and failure…). From SGPro’s perspective, everything looks good:

[04/20/19 23:39:44.851][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Rotator: Moving rotator to 276
[04/20/19 23:39:44.851][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Rotator: Sync offset is 354.9265
[04/20/19 23:44:25.172][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Rotator: Move is complete.  Requested 276; arrived at 275.9954
[04/20/19 23:44:25.173][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Rotate complete...
[04/20/19 23:44:25.180][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_CAMERA_PLATE_SOLVER_CAPTURE message received...

The rotator reports it is done and then SGPro asks the camera to start… this is expected behavior. If the rotator is still moving after it reports it is done, that would be a problem. In order to determine if this is happening, we would need to correlate the Rotator’s logs over this same time period. You’ll need to ask Rigel how to fetch those.