ANSVR not working - unable to display http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/config

Hi all,

This is a fantastic forum – I have just purchased SGP, and am setting it up for the first time. I have a problem however with ANSVR, and to be honest, I’m a novice in this area. I don’t have any prior knowledge at all, and it’s a huge learning curve. I’m hoping that someone will be able to help me to sort out the following issue.

When I point the SGP plate solver to the Local astronometry location (http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/config), it comes up with an “This site can’t be reached. The site 127.0.0.1 refused to connect”. The same thing happens when I just put the above link into the browser - exactly the same message. I note that the error message only has the first part of the link… the 127.0.0.1 and it’s missing the port - so I presume that this may be somehow significant?

I thought that maybe there is an issue with the 8080 port. I have reinstalled ANSVR to several other random ports, but the same issue remains. I then thought that it might be because of a firewall, but even after turning these off, the problem remains. Here is a screen dump of the error message.

I’ve read other discussions on this forum site that seem to deal with this issue, but I am struggling to understand them but I think that I’ve done the best that I can in terms of applying solutions that I have come across on the forum. I have also run the auto-install package on a different machine and it worked fine, so am at a loss as to why it won’t work on my observatory computer.

Is anyone able to help me out by talking me through getting this set up please? I’d appreciate any assistance.

Much obliged.
Ross

do you have the files locally installed on that OBS computer ?? Do you have internet on the OBS computer??? Did you follow the Control Panel PS routine ??

This was extremely helpful …

http://mainsequencesoftware.com/content/SGP-The%20First%20Week.pdf

Thank you Dennis1951… that is a most useful guide - I’ve printed it off and am running through it.

Yes, I have the index files installed on the computer in the observatory, and yes, I also have internet out there. Yes, I did follow the Control Panel PS routine.

Tonight I think that we figured out the issue - Peri was not able to access the firewall properly and AVG anti-virus may have contributed to this… and also, a friend was helping out on Team Viewer. We’re not sure which solved the issue, but removing AVG, giving Peri access through the windows firewall and canning Team viewer worked… it’s working well now.

Thank you for your interest and the link that you have provided. I’ll retain it as it is very useful.

glad you figured it out…now that you mention it …AVG/Firewall stuff had me messed up for the longest time also !!

Yes… it’s a terrible firewall programme… seems to conflict with so many things. At least this is a heads up for other users, so that this thread might help them to see if this is their problem also. J

Thanks for the week set up guide… I think that is just stellar! J

Ross

yes…that week set up guide got me over the HUMP !!! SGP really is worth the time to learn…enjoy