Apologies for the delay

If you happen to be waiting on a reply from us, we haven’t been through the posts in the last couple of days. We are out promoting SGPro at NEAIC and NEAF and will do our best to get to you shortly.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m envious! Have a great time.

BobT

We have been talking a lot with Optec while here at NEAIC and we have plans to provide formal integration of FocusLock in SGPro. If you have not seen what it can do, you should check it out for sure.

Our integration would provide a dedicated floating module to show focus lock status and its integration into the sequence would allow for normal start and stop. Additionally, SGPro will restart a frame if, at any point focus lock detects less than ideal focus.

It should be pretty awesome.

Knock 'em dead and have a good show!

That integration you speak of sounds great ken…Cant wait

:grin:

Such a shame my fleld flatteners stop me introducing any more backfocus into the system

You can use the LaCerta through an OAG. So you still get the benefits without needing the ONAG.

Thanks
Jared

Hi
Got my Lacerta on order so look forward to this
Harry

Love Focuslock and SGP. Great to see you will be adding an interface.

Hi,

Is the feature already integrated into SGPro?

Thanks,
Jinyoung

I have been thinking about this system and a couple of things puzzle me:

1. Lateral movement during any focuser movement (my TAK and FeatherTouch mechanisms are not perfect in this regard and probably smear the star before the guider has a chance to correct it). You just have to see how much the PHD2 plot moves while making a few steps.

2. On the lodestar system in an off-axis guider and on a RCT, there is already astigmatism at the outer field - not sure how it will cope with that since it is looking for a balance position.