Arduino SGP control issue

Greetings,

I am new to SGP and have recently built myself an Arduino focuser controller based on the “pnpfocus” model. I have it working through the pushbuttons on the board and it works correctly in another astroimaging software package (APT). When I connect to SGP it sees the focuser but when I try to move it in and out using the SGP focuser module it does not do anything. I must have something incorrect in the configuration here somewhere. I have uploaded the log file here and it seems to tell me that it is sending a command but it appears to be telling it to do zero steps. The SGM_FOCUSER_MOVE_REL message received appears each time I hit in or out course moves yet the counter stays the sams.

I must have missed something simple here - any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

sg_logfile_20181224080640.txt (24.8 KB)

I figured out my problem and it is ME! I had not entered any values in the coarse and fine step sizes so SGP was doing exactly what I was telling it to do!

Tom

1 Like

Try changing “relative steps” to “absolute steps” in the driver. I use AAF2 and found it easy to configure and get it working. This was some time ago and I have a vague memory of having a similar problem and making this change.

1 Like