ASCOM 6.5 and ASCOM Remote

Hi Jared,
Thanks, I’ll see if I can post a log from last night. The issue seems to be around the new device hub feature. It disconnects SGP from the mount and won’t let it reconnect without shutting down SGP and my planetarium programme. I also find that I have to start my planetarium programme first then SGP. If I start SGP first I can’t connect my planetarium programme which throws a device hub connexion error.

I’ll get a log posted for you.

Gord

I’m assuming you’re connecting the Device Hub to your telescope and then SGP and the Planetarium to the Device Hub Device?

Jared

No, not quite. When you connect to the telescope through either the planetarium programme or SGP it opens a new Device Hub programme and automatically connects.

Gord

Is the Planetarium or SGP running as Admin?

Jared

Not sure. Should they be? I just tried a dry run and connected through device hub first and, so far, all seems to be working together as it should. I’ll play with it a bit more tonight and see if things come together. I wouldn’t think so, but perhaps the order in which the equipment/programmes are connected could make a difference?

No, they should all be running at the same level. Ideally NOT as Admin.

It should not make a difference :man_shrugging:

I haven’t played around with the device hub enough but back in the POTH days I would always connect the scope to POTH first and then connect the clients to POTH. Such behavior shouldn’t be needed but probably still the safest route.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared,

I’ll check out the Admin status later today. I’ll make them both the same. If Admin I’ll see if I can make them non-Admin. I’ll send an update to let you know how I make out.

Thanks again for all your help! :grinning:

Cheers,

Gord

Gord - just a thought - are all these working at the same admin level? I used to have the problem of connecting multiple devices if one was in admin mode and another was not.

Hi Buzz,

Just checked and none of my programmes are being run as “Administrator”. A bit of a mystery. I may try to run things tonight using Device Hub. Using Generic Hub now and all seems to work. I’ll see if I can recreate the error messages and will get some screen shots.