AstroPhysics GTO V2 Not Connecting

I seem to find new issues during those rare clear nights we have. This one started at some point after moving from SGP 2.x to 3.x, cannot remember anymore when (I’m currently using x.433). Anyway, when I choose tools / connect all equipment the AP mount gives an error message that it cannot be connected. Typically I would suspect an USB cable or something but when after this the PHD auto-starts and connects the mount just fine, I assume this is actually a SGP issue. Usually I can get around it by either restarting everything or unplugging and plugging the AP serial cable.

Edit; This does not happen every time…

Anyone else experiencing this and what was the cure?

Thanks,

Mikko

SGP (all latest versions) connect just fine to my Mach1GTO with the V2 driver. When I have problems connecting it is usually that the driver is trying to access the wrong COM port. Have you confirmed in the driver setup that it’s connected to the right port?

Well nothing has changed and the PDH still finds the mount immediately so I don’t know how this would suddenly be a port issue.

Thanks,

Mikko

Mikko,

Make sure you are not running any applications “As Administrator”, which will try to open a second instance of the driver using the same COM port that the first driver instance already has open.

-Ray

Thanks, I’m not sure how I would do that or check if I’m doing it.

• Mikko

You should first read up on what the term “run as administrator” means. A quick google search comes up with many answers including this:

Basically, you do NOT want your astronomy applications to be run “as administrator”.

-Ray